Although I am not a Certified Genealogist, by leveraging my investigative skills I’m confident that I can help provide answers or clarification to some of your family’s longstanding questions or unresolved life events.
LIFE SCENE INVESTIGATIONS
A LSI Service Agreement (SA) requires a non-refundable prepaid retainer of $250.00 for consultation, goal development and related decisions before work will begin on the TRP. Research time is then billed at the rate of $40.00 per hour in increments of a minimum of one half of an hour.
All research costs associated with your TRP will be deducted from the prepaid retainer.
Before incurring any costs in excess of the prepaid retainer, LSI shall provide the Client with additional estimated of costs. Upon mutual agreement, a modified SA and TRP specifically authorizing LSI to incur additional costs shall be executed between LSI and the Client. Payment for TRP services can be made by check (US customers only) or money order (U.S. funds only).
Although not limited to the following, LSI costs may be incurred as a result of the following:
- Analysis of Client provided material(s) and/or Confidential Information
- Correspondence with the Client and or Client designees:
- E-mail correspondence
- Phone calls
- Other written correspondence
- Analysis of LSI research finding(s)
- Creation of TRP deliverables such as genealogical:
- GEDCOM files
- Material handling:
- Travel and parking expenses Toward the end of the TRP, a discussion will be held between the Client and LSI in order to review all findings and address outstanding questions or concerns.
LSI COLD CASE UNIT
Cold Case Unit
A cold case is defined as an unsolved criminal investigation which remains open pending the discovery of new evidence. Approximately 200,000 murders have gone unsolved in the United States since the 1960’s. Approximately one third of all homicides go unsolved on an annual basis.
Life Scene Investigations has created a Cold Case Unit (CCU) in an effort to bring new and additional resources to bear on this national tragedy. The LSI-CCU consists of a growing team of volunteer subject matter experts representing the fields of criminal investigation and criminal forensics as well as genealogical societies and individual genealogists. Areas of expertise include homicide investigation, latent fingerprints, crime lab management and DNA analysis. With a commitment to professionalism, the LSI-CCU adheres to the quickly evolving cold case standards and protocols governing the growing partnership between law enforcement and the private sector. Regardless of how old the case, its location, the victim or agency responsible for its investigation, LSI respectively offers its services.
Among our many goals are:
- To Help solve serious unsolved crimes
- Increased public awareness
- Enhance coordination between public and private sector cold case organizations
- Increased Training
- To bring closure to victim’s families and loved ones As the structure and membership of LSI’s CCU continues to grow, more details will be made available.